Thursday, March 26, 2009

Do you see it the way i do?

On my MSN, there is this whole list of friends. I categorise them according to nationalities. Singaporeans on the left, Non-Singaporeans on the right.
(To keep this observation fair and non-bias, samples are of the same age group and same occupation.)

I take a look at their nicks/aliases/what's-on-your mind messages.
I realise this.
3/4 of Singaporeans in my list have written messages like "no $$ no brother", "I scare kena fired!", "Pursuing the life i want.", "Only god knows which career path i should follow", "This month's target met! YAY!", "First house!", "To be no.1!", "Wooooooo, ferrari!", "rushing assignments now.", "kan sibei stress. DND!", "sleep deprived sheep.mehhhhhh~~", "class of my own...".
As morbid as some of the messages might sound. But yea..
The remaining 1/4 has messages that contains innuendoes that relates to the 3/4.

Welcome to the Non-Singaporean side of the ring, we have "my weekend starts today!" (which happens to be only Wednesday.) "London here we come again and again and again!", "Do the giggity giggity", "Counting down to trance energy 2009!", "Smashed, like everyday, what's new?", "Don't stop the music! biatch!"

Do you see what i see? I find it...couldn't find of a better word. Oppressive.
Am i chickening out of the society that i had grown up in?

No comments: